Counseling and Social Services
School Counselors are professional educators with a mental health orientation. All schools in the Bartlett City School District are staffed with professional school counselors who hold a minimum of a Master’s degree and are licensed/certified in Counselor Education or a related mental health field. Bartlett City School’s professional school counselors adhere to strict legal and ethical standards and provide services in academic, personal/social, and career domains based on the tenets of Tennessee Model for School Counseling and the American School Counselor Association.
School counseling services are delivered through a comprehensive school counseling program which includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Developmentally appropriate classroom guidance lessons
- Individual and small group counseling
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, administrators, teachers, support staff, and community agencies
- Staff development
- Seminars for parents
- Student advocacy
- Social services and mental health agency referrals
- Prevention and intervention programs
For further information, please contact Zoe Bozeman, Counseling and Intervention Supervisor, Bartlett City Schools, 901-202-0855, Ext. #2256.